About Me

My photo
I've crafted for years and years then an opportunity presented itself to turn a hobby into a business. I love the creative freedom I now have. My long term plan is to pass on my passion to others. Look out for my workshops and children's parties. Crafts include: knitting, crochet, sewing, smocking, bobbin lacemaking, sugarcraft flowers, cake making, kanzashi flowers. Looking for something special find me on Folksy.com Just type Blossombutton into the search engine.

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Las Vegas we're getting closer - Day 2

Sunday, 4th February
Hopping on a plane

There is one part of any plane journey that I dread.  The security screening.  Not that I've got a guilty conscious or anything but why does that silly machine always seem to bleep loudly when I go through.  Okay, I exaggerate as it didn't happen this time and I found that the removal of my lovely new shoes wasn't necessary. I try to eliminate every possible items that could cause utter humilation; earrings, belts, necklace, I draw the line at underwired items however.

So I survived and so did the husband.  Time for a little bit of a chill out and a little browse round the shops.  That's what they are there for and I really do need that extremely expensive perfume.  In no time at all the numbers came up on the board.  Gate 21 at the furthest point from the shops.  Time for a last power walk along the travelators before boarding the plane.

Amazed we were boarded straight away but I did spy that some folk were being pulled to one side for a further 'pat down and bag search'.  Ten hours of sitting on the plane was not something I was particularly looking forward to but I was prepared; blow up neck pillow, kindle, suduko book, power pack for my iphone.  I was set ready for every eventuality.  This particular plane had an audio visual unit in the chair in front that more than adequately provided entertainment for my needs.  Apparently, we were lucky having this latest form of audio inflight entertainment system.

Between watching the handsome Ben Afflick in Argo and laughing out loud whilst viewing Pitch Perfect I read with delight through the news channel, that it was confirmed that Richard III was the body found in the car park at Grey Friars in Leicester.  Yeah, I been to see the last resting pace of this infamous King. Very exciting. But that's another potential blog.

The food flowed from Vodka Fruit cocktails to a nice glass of wine with our chicken with creamed leek and Gu dessert, to a chocolate lolly and sandwich for tea.  Looking out the window I could see for miles from small rivers to large lakes. Then the mountain ranges began.  Fascinating, the force of nature over thousands of years lightly dusted with snow.  Looked more like a icing sugar dusting from 38,000 feet up.


Not much further.  The sky is still blue the landscape is showing signs of habitation.  Salt Lake City passes by then Lake Mead, Boulder City and my ears are telling me we're decending.  Signs of Vegas life begin to emerge, golf courses, a grid system of roads that look as if they are still set on graph paper, palm trees pointing up towards our Virgin plane and then bump.  We were down, back on terra firma.  Looking out the window I could see New York (the hotel not the place)  a pyramid (The Luxor) and other huge towers glittering in the sunlight.calling to me.  Welcome to VEGAS.  

All good things tend to present little obstacles to achieving that final goal.  The immigration guy was charming and having passed the time of day and discussed my name we transitted through to await the march of the suitcases.  ~We waited for an hour before the suitcases started to be unloaded.  Bags in hand we then had the long, long, long queue for Customs.  Did we have anything to declare, well only one or two things but nothing of importance and please don't go near the cereal boxes I have a daughter and son-in-law to supply with this expensive, luxury item.  

Freedom, we were through.  Would I recognise Helen after all this time? Would the lovely new husband be there ready to whisk us away in his super Mustang?  The answer of course was yes!  Hugs and kisses and more hugs  were exchanged over the barrier, just like in the movies.  How cliched.  

Good job Mike put the roof down on the car, needed some fresh air.  Off down The Strip for our induction into Las Vegas life.  Big, bigger, biggest.  How do you take it all in the sights, sounds, razzle and dazzle.

Safely at our accommodation, their home, time for a cup of tea.  







No comments:

Post a Comment