About Me

My photo
I've crafted for years and years then an opportunity presented itself to turn a hobby into a business. I love the creative freedom I now have. My long term plan is to pass on my passion to others. Look out for my workshops and children's parties. Crafts include: knitting, crochet, sewing, smocking, bobbin lacemaking, sugarcraft flowers, cake making, kanzashi flowers. Looking for something special find me on Folksy.com Just type Blossombutton into the search engine.

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Las Vegas here we come - Day 1

Sunday, 3rd February 
And we're off...

Well, this is the start of a long journey, some 5,500 miles to Las Vegas.  We're off to see Helen and Mike after a four/five month gap.  Very excited.

You would think the USA was a third world country based on the extra provisions I have taken; shower gel, ~Golden Syrup, Yorkshire Tea Bags, two boxes of cereal (cost over $5 in the States) and 55 nappies, and no they are not for me, they are for little Cameron as his family are coming out to see the bright lights later in the year.

The suitcases (2 of them) are actually below the 40kg limit so you never know I may be able to sneak some stuff back with me; an Elvis Suit for Eddie, some fluffy dice and a snow globe or two.

For a change we are not driving to Gatwick.  We're off on the train via Victoria Station.  That should be fun.

Later that same day -

Well, the train journey was very successful.   The most difficult thing was getting through the automatic gates. Eddie managed to get through minus his suitcase which got trapped in the barriers.  Oh, he does make me laugh.  When we went on the underground I remembered why I hate London,  Steps up and steps down, no lifts easily available and pressed into an underground like a sardine in a can.  No one want to be helpful or even dares to look at you.


Anyway, got to Gatwick safe and sound and managed to cart our heavy loads to the Monorail to North terminal where we found our bed for the night.

We are big fans of Premier Inns.  They are cheap, clean and you know just what to expect.  This PI is perfectly placed as it is literally at the bottom of the lift as you come off the monorail.

We had a lovely meal in the Thyme restaurant on site where they seem to be adopting the American Style of service with a hostess, waiter and bus boys/gals for delivery of the food.  And so to bed ready for tomorrows adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment