About Me

My photo
I've crafted for years and years then an opportunity presented itself to turn a hobby into a business. I love the creative freedom I now have. My long term plan is to pass on my passion to others. Look out for my workshops and children's parties. Crafts include: knitting, crochet, sewing, smocking, bobbin lacemaking, sugarcraft flowers, cake making, kanzashi flowers. Looking for something special find me on Folksy.com Just type Blossombutton into the search engine.

Monday 31 January 2011

Ways to get creative.

The sweetest cow in the world.
At this time of the year, as the nights are getting lighter, there is a renewed spring in my step.  Okay, basically I needed a little inspiration.  The only way to find this inspiration is to go walking.  Yes, I know. Can be hardwork, muddy, wet, cold and tiring.  But on a day like today it's amazing what you can see, hear and touch.

Spot the pheasant
For those of you who don't know me, my husband and I are 'Geocachers'.  Type that into Google and see what come up.  Basically, it is treasure hunting for adults.  Children also have great fun seeking out small boxes, film canisters and animal tags.  With the aid of a GPS (Global positioning system) gadget you seek out this treasure and then write your name in a log book.  The box may or may not contain treasure; small toys, special coins, dog tags attached to objects.  These things can be swapped by yourselves. This morning, after a very hard frost, we set out to Northamptonshire to complete a caching quest that has taken us nearly two years to complete.   Over 26 caches some of which are made up of 5 or 6 parts.  This final part of the series took us to a lovely little village where they have fields full of reeds. The reeds are the hidey holes for pheasant.    It was a fabulous walk and we did manage to achieve our final quest.  We've now completed 1216 cache finds.

Candy floss pink and baby blue.
Anyway, back to the story.  When your out your mind tends to wander and WHAM! an idea suddenly pops into the brain box.   Always carry a note book with you.  By the time I get home I've usually forgotten the brilliance of my idea.  I was once told that if you're ever stuck for a colour scheme or an idea in terms of shape and texture look to nature.  I've done the walk, come home with ideas and now I'm off to get creative.  You'll have to wait and see with what though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment