About Me

My photo
I've crafted for years and years then an opportunity presented itself to turn a hobby into a business. I love the creative freedom I now have. My long term plan is to pass on my passion to others. Look out for my workshops and children's parties. Crafts include: knitting, crochet, sewing, smocking, bobbin lacemaking, sugarcraft flowers, cake making, kanzashi flowers. Looking for something special find me on Folksy.com Just type Blossombutton into the search engine.

Sunday 16 January 2011

How gorgeous is my new studio?

Sorry folks, but I just have to tell you have lovely my new studio is.  Okay, so the blind isn't yet up and the mirror wardrobe doors aren't yet back in place and, oh yes, my desk, formally known as my large dressing table, hasn't been moved into the newly decorated studio.  But I am so happy with the results.
Do you remember those days when you were little and you wanted everything just so; pretty and sparkling well take a look.  I have always loved the Laura Ashley papers and in fact most of the house is out of the Laura Ashley catalogue dating back thousands of years.  So I went for a feature wall of the cerise toile paper.  The one with pretty pastoral pictures on with nymphs and shepherds, cherubs and windmills.  Every picture tells a tale.  Well this paper certainly does but it just such fun.
To add to my indulgences I went for a beautiful three tiered, small, crystal shade.  It sparkles, it glitters, it throws out random  shafts of light onto the ceiling.  Basically, it is beautiful.  And with the sale at Laura Ashley was reduced by 40%.  Wow.
The blind was probably the most expensive item.  Well, this is a 1960's house and has ridiculously large windows.  You can never buy off the self as they are just a few centimetres too big.  Infact  this window was to large for a roman blind, my first choice hence the roller blind but that's find.  I may even get some crystals to shimmer on the bottom of the blind.  Just for effect of course.
The wicker chair was a bargain in the local Age Concern shop and cost me just £15.  It looks 1950's ish and by the time I have given it a  brush of white paint and sewn a new cushion it will be fabulous.
I also have an old chipboard table which I may try out some decoupage on but that is a long way down the list.


Now, I have to discipline myself to actually getting down to business and producing something for the forth coming craft fairs and on my shops.  Then there are the craft parties for children and adults.  And checking out all the other superb artisans out there.  But that for another day.    Let me know what you think.  I can take criticism, honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment